Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The ABCs of me

Last week one of my dearest pals tagged me her ABCs of Me post. So, I'm playing along!

A. Attached or Single? Very much attached. Married eight years to Dave. We're complete opposites in just about everything. Sometimes we scratch our heads at why in the world God brought us together! We believe He did though, and I think we're both much better for having put up with each other this long ;)

B. Best Friend? Oh my, this is a tough one. My inner circle is pretty small, but once you make it in everyone is on a pretty level playing field. There are about five amazing women that I'd qualify as my best friends. They know who they are.

C. Cake or Pie? That's a silly question...BOTH!

D. Day of Choice? Saturday, since it typically involves more relaxation than work.

E. Essential item? Gonna have to agree with my pal Tiff and say cell phone. I didn't own my own cell phone until I was 18. Can you believe that?! I don't know how I lived without one that long.

F. Favorite Color? Again, agreeing with Tiff on ORANGE. You can see why we're friends.

G. Gummy bears or worms? Neither. If I'm eating candy it has to be chocolate. I don't like to waste calories on others.

H. Hometown? Owasso, Oklahoma. Home of the Rams. End of the Trail. (What? Don't you know your Native American history?) My momma still lives in the house I grew up in. It was a little town that in recent years has grown a lot. There's now more to do in Owasso than I ever could have dreamed about when I was a teenager. We used to have to drive to Tulsa to buy socks. No joke!

I. Favorite indulgence? Cheesecake, ice cream sundae, cherry coke. Anything sweet will do. (Well, except gummy bears or worms, of course.)

J. January or July? Easy. January. I hate hot weather. Hate.

K. Kids? Yes, two boys. They are the joy of my life and keep me guessing all the time.

L. Life isn't complete without? For me, it's inspiration. I need/want/love to be inspired. Without that spark, life is just too boring and mundane for me.

M. Marriage Date: July 1, 2005

N. Number of brothers and sisters? Two blood sisters. Three step-sisters. One step-brother.

O. Oranges or Apples? Gonna go with Apples, as long as they're Granny Smiths.

P. Phobias? Failure. Oh, there's a need for therapy in there somewhere, I'm sure.

Q. Quotes? I actually never remember something well enough to quote it. I'm more about absorbing the general concept/overall gist of things.

R. Reasons to Smile? My boys. All the funny things they say and do.

S. Season of Choice? Fall would definitely be number one, but Spring has really moved up the ranks lately. I love the newness that comes with Spring.

T. Tag five people. I'm not sure I have five blogging friends to tag. Skipping this one!

U. Unknown fact about me. When I was a very immature junior in high school I thought I wanted to attend OU. Shriek! ;)

V. Vegetable? I like most all of them, except tomatoes.

W. Worst habit? Comparing myself to other people. Talk about a fast-track to blues-ville!

X. X-ray or Ultrasound? I think this is a silly question. Who wants either? I guess I'll go with ultrasound. Those were fun when I was pregnant, mainly because after one I was reassured that my babies were healthy.

Y. Your favorite food? Anything. I love food! Pizza, mexican, italian, chinese. Yum!

Z. Zodiac sign? Virgo.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew about the OU thing. Makes me cringe. So glad you came to your senses!!

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete