Saturday, July 13, 2013

A successful day: Kelly style


As I was walking to my car the other day after work, I was feeling very accomplished, like the day had been a success. Surprised by my own optimism, I asked myself what had transpired that day that made me feel so successful. My answers might surprise you, but here goes...

  1. I ate a vegetable. My life seems to move so fast that sometimes I get to the end of the day and think, "Did eat anything healthy today?" On this day in question, I had. Successful day check #1!
  2. I had a grown-up conversation. Conversations with children and about children are amazing, but I need to talk about grown-up stuff sometimes. On this day, I had lunch with a good friend. It soothed my soul. Successful day check #2!
  3. I felt inspired. If you've read the "about me" section of this blog, you already know that inspiration is important to me. I need to experience beauty, think deeply and dream big to feel inspired. It's tough to say what sparked inspiration in me this day.  Since I've made a conscious effort to look for inspiration, I now find it everywhere.  Inspiration is more a state of existence I strive for than a single experience I can point to. Successful day check #3!
So, folks, that was it.  On that day at least that was all that was required for me to deem the day a success. This short list seem inconsequential now, but the feeling of fullness in my heart that day was not. 

I'll take this short list as a reminder that it doesn't take much to be "successful." I'll also use this list as a reminder when I think the day has been a total flop.

What makes you guys feel like your day has been a success?

2 comments:

  1. "Inspiration is more a state of existence I strive for than a single experience I can point to." Love that quote, Kel!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check, check, and check!! Good for you. This post inspired me to reevaluate what makes me feel successful at the end of a day. Rather than focusing on all the stuff I didn't cross off my To-Do list, I should look at the people I came in contact with and how those interactions made me feel.

    I hope today is a successful day as well for you, Kelly!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete